Monday, June 4, 2012

DIY: Sephora Inspired Makeup Brush Holder

Hello everyone!!

As my collection grows, new organization is needed. I've had to change my organization at least 4 times now! This weekend I decided my little plastic makeup organizer was not enough. My brush section was overflowing! After a little research I decided I would create my own brush holders.
So I made my boyfriend drive me over to Jo-Ann's to pick up some supplies. I had only about 20 bucks for containers, beads/pebbles, and anything else I needed- and it proved to be enough! I picked up 2 $1.99 glass containers perfect for the job. I then grabbed a $5.99 huge bag of  rectangular, plastic white beads for vase filler. After that, though, it felt too plain for me! I needed more decoration- so I headed over to the sticker section and picked up $3.99 black cursive letters and $5.99 pink flower stickers. The stickers ended up being half price, which was perfect as it landed just under $20!
We headed back home to assemble the holders. Check out the final product!





(brushes are a mix of EcoTools, Real Techniques, and Urban Decay)

I am very happy with the outcome! I'd reccomend this project to anyone as it would be cheaper (and more customizable) than buying a finished one.

Have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment