Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Daily Face Routine (with QuikReviews!)


Hellooooo, everyone! Today I thought I'd share my daily makeup routine, and current favorites! I'll walk you through each step I take and provide reviews as well :) First, I should note that I do take a shower almost every morning. I have a problem with washing my face over a sink... I just bothers me. My hair also looks better if I wash it. Anyway, I start off with a clean face nonetheless. 


1. Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller ($12.99, in Light)

















First, I apply this concealer/treatment under my eyes and blend it in with my ring finger (weakest finger on the hand). I would give this product 6/10 stars. It gives light-medium coverage, but it will feel like you have absolutely nothing on. The bad news is I have not noticed any reduction in my dark circles. This may be because my dark circles are hereditary, but who knows.  I still like this product because it hides my circles fantastically.


2. Maybelline SuperStay Foundation ($10.99, in Porcelain Ivory)
















Next I apply this all over my face with my fingertips, starting on my cheeks and blending into the nose and up to the forehead. I believe this foundation would work amazingly well with a stippling brush like the Sigma F80, but I don't have one. Hopefully I will be able to try it soon. I truly can't say how much I LOVE this foundation. I would give it an 11/10 stars if I could, hahaha! But really, this foundation is med-full coverage with a semi-matte finish. It does well blending and truly gives a "real skin" look.  I use the lightest shade in the line (10 Porcelain Ivory) during the winter and would probably jump to 20 Sand Beige or 30 Classic Ivory in the summer. I really recommend this foundation!

3. Neutrogena 3-in-1 Concealer For Eyes ($8.99, in Fair)
















After my foundation, I apply this concealer under and around my eyes with- you guessed it- my fingertips. I like this because it is really high coverage and is good for my sensitive eyes. I like using Neutrogena cosmetics because I know I am doing something good for my skin instead of just covering it and making it worse. I would give this a 8/10 just because I don't see and extra moisturizing properties or reduction of fine lines, and I can't say much for the puffiness claim because I don't have this problem. 


4. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush ($7.99, in Fresh Pink)
















Fourth, I use my EcoTools blush brush to apply this on the apples of my cheeks and outwards. I kind of go in a diagonal shape because that way my face looks less round (magic!). I really like this blush, I think it gives the perfect wash of color without it ever being too much. I much prefer cream blushes to powder, simply because they last longer and keep the face looking less cakey/powdery. I would give this product a 10/10 because of it's wonderful texture, great array of colors, and long-lasting wear.



4. ELF High Definition Powder ($6.00, in Clear)
















Lastly, I apply this wonderful translucent powder all over with the powder puff included.  According to GossMakeupArtist on YouTube, It is best to apply powders with powder puffs or sponges instead of the more-popular powder brush, because powder brushes are actually made to knock off excess powder from the face! So I use the puff, which I normally wouldn't. Anyway, I just got this product a couple days ago and I already love it! It creates such a beautiful finish to the skin and makes it sooooooo soft. The product looks white but it's really translucent so don't let that turn you off. I would actually say it's like a dupe for MUFE High Definition Powder. I would rate this a 9/10, only taking off a point because sometimes there are little white granules that appear when you apply, but are really easily knocked off. I'd recommend this powder!

Thanks for reading! Please stay tuned for my EYE routine!

-Jacobi

No comments:

Post a Comment